Cottage Cheese Sandwich (Serves:2-4; Preparation Time: 20 minutes)
All of us have some favorite recipes, those with which family and friends associate you with and the ones that you have perfected over a time period. I love this one, especially because these sandwiches could be served anytime: at breakfast, as snacks, could be carried for a picnic or while travelling; the best thing still - they are easy to make, taste so fresh and are low on calories!!
So here goes one of my favorite recipes, and I urge you all to try it because you'll love it for sure, just like so many of my other friends do.
- 200 gms low fat cottage cheese (for 4 sandwiches)
- 8 slices of multi-grain/ brown bread
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2'' ginger, grated
- 1 green chilly, finely chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt or, to taste
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garam masala (optional)
- Grate the cottage cheese in a large bowl; to this, add finely chopped onion, green chilly, coriander leaves, ginger, salt pepper and garam masala (you could reduce or add spices to suit your taste)
- Spread four slices of bread on a chopping board and spread the cottage cheese mix evenly, cover with other four slices and cut into half ( use a wet knife to cut the bread slices for a neat cut)