Spinach Salad with Pomegranate and Cottage Cheese (Serves: 2-3; Preparation Time: 10 minutes)
Since Amit and I are very fond of non-vegetarian food, it is difficult for us to imagine our salads without chicken (chicken is usually the only incentive for eating salad). However, both us would make an exception to compulsive chicken-in-the-salad for this particular recipe.
I especially love the unusual combination of ingredients in this salad (think of Spinach, pomegranate and cottage cheese together - tastes way better than you think!). Enjoy this super quick recipe!!
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 & 1/2 cup cottage cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 & 1/2 cup sprouts
- 2 cups pomegranate peeled and seeds separated
- 1 small or 1/2 medium sized onion finely chopped
- A handful of walnuts broken into halves
- 1 & 1/2 lemon's juice
- Salt to taste
- Break spinach leaves into smaller pieces (if the leaves are big in size); mix all the ingredients in a big bowl
- Squeeze lemon juice, add salt and walnuts